Health & Safety
At El Silencio Lodge & Spa we understand the importance of keeping our guests safe and following all the proper guidelines and recommendations made by our local Health Authority. Here in Costa Rica we take great pride in the excellent work done by our government during the COVID-19 pandemic and we pride ourselves as a nation of the excellent execution to contain the virus. In the continued effort and responsibility to ensure the safety of our current and future guest we share with you our protocols to help us reinforce the wellbeing of both our customers and our staff.
Please always remember, it is recommended to refrain from travelling if symptoms are present before your trip.
After booking, our reservation staff will contact future guests to collect personal information for an “Express check-in”, minimizing the time spent upon arrival in the lobby. This is optional for guests who would like to save time at check in and share required information with us before arrival.
On arrival (check-in) a staff member will greet guests and guide them to the pediluvium so guest can get their shoes disinfected.
Within El Silencio Lodge lobby we offer 4 separate seating areas in which a maximum of 4 groups (social bubbles) will be able to check-in at once, thus providing a safe space for each group of guests while they wait to check-in, when multiple arrivals at the same time.
- Bellboy will handle guest luggage with the recommended protection and self-parking will be offered to avoid exposure. At front desk, the area will be properly clean before assisting another guest.
Suites & Villas Sanitation
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa will wait 24 hours between check-outs and new check-ins to fully ensure a thorough disinfection of the rooms for new guests when they check-in.
- Daily housekeeping and turndown service will be offered as usual; however, guests can request any variation in this service that may be desired to provide more privacy and personal space in our suites or villas.
- Each room will have a pediluvium at its main door.
- An air purifier will be place in each room 2 hours prior check in.
- Hotel will provide disposable face masks and replace them upon request.
COSTA RICA ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
As of October 26th, 2020, Costa Rica no longer requires a negative Covid test to enter the country, however, visitors will need to do the following to enter Costa Rica.
Complete the Health: Pass (Online Epidemiological Form) Available at http://https://salud.go.cr. This pass will be available 48 hours before boarding. It must be accessed in an updated browser (except for Internet Explorer). An individual form must be completed for every person, including minors.
Travel Insurance Policy: Visitors must purchase travel insurance for the duration of their stay to cover their lodging expenses in case of quarantine and medical expenses due to COVID-19 illness. For which travelers can choose to purchase.
Pre-approved local travel insurance plans by INS and SAGICOR For more information visit:
Onsite Covid - 19 PCR test
The safety and well-being of our guests and employees continue to be our top priority.
As more countries require proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test prior to boarding international flights. We have at your disposal our contacts for the antigen and/or PCR testing for Covid-19 to return to your country
- Time for results: 24 hours (It is recommended to perform the Covid-19 tests at least 2 days before guests' departure from Costa Rica)
- Appointments are subject to availability. Results are sent via WhatsApp or email.
- Hours of operation: Monday - Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Saturdays: from 7:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Each test must be paid directly to the technician with a credit card or cash. Please, when requesting your appointment inform the reservation or front desk staff payment method you will use (credit card or cash).
- Guest must fill out the form of the Costa Rican Ministry of Health at https://bit.ly/2G9yeQK
Testing onsite will be subject to availability and must be requested with 72 hours previous notice.