UPDATE: Please note that the access road through Sarchí is currently closed because of construction work. The recommended route is through Zarcero.
If you use Waze or GPS first input the town of "Zarcero". Once there, make sure to input "El Silencio Lodge & Spa" in Bajos del Toro. We strongly recommend contacting the hotel for road updates and suggestions for the best route possible: +506 2476-0303
El Silencio Lodge & Spa is embedded in Costa Rica’s Central Volcanic Valley. It features a 500 acre private cloud forest reserve and is flanked by the Juan Castro Blanco and Poas Volcano National Parks.
Travelers can reach El Silencio Lodge & Spa in about 90 minutes from the Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO). Access roads wind through picturesque towns and spectacular examples of Costa Rica’s mountain scenery. Arenal Volcano, the Sarapiquí River Basin, and Poas Volcano are accessible for day excursions to sample some of Costa Rica’s signature attractions. Private transportation is readily available.
1. From the Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), head North along the Interamerican Highway (CA-1) and take the Naranjo exit.
2. Follow the signs to Zarcero until you reach the Zarcero town (6.4miles or 10.4km)
3. When you reach Zarcero drive past the topiary garden park and look for a sign for Los Bajos del Toro on the right hand side.
4. Turn right and follow the signs for El Silencio Lodge & SPA. This road will guide you directly to Bajos del Toro. Driving time from Zarcero to El Silencio takes about 30
minutes. Please note that the last 2 miles are not paved.
5. Following the unpaved road you will reach a paved Y intersection, turn right and take an immediate left at the El Silencio Lodge & Spa